US Firms' Business Competence in the Taiwanese IT Industry
This book offers an in-depth analysis of the roles and strategies of subsidiaries of American multinational companies (MNCs) in Taiwan's IT industry. Based on semi-structured interviews with 16 managing directors of the different foreign-owned subsidiaries and 100 functional unit managers, the authors investigate (1) the roles of functional units in evaluating strategy formulation and change in foreign subsidiaries; (2) the factors that determine strategy formulation and change in foreign subsidiaries and their functional units; and (3) the linkages between cross-functional units. The research underscores the view that MNCs' strategies are composed of assorted heterogeneous elements.
Download US Firms' Business Competence in the Taiwanese IT Industry (9783319811796).pdf, available at jonathanlyonsportfolio.org for free.
- Pi-Chi Chen, Young-Chan Kim
- Paperback | 234 pages
- 155 x 235 x 13.46mm | 3,869g
- Publication date
- 31 May 2018
- Springer International Publishing AG
- Publication City/Country
- Cham, Switzerland
- Edition Statement
- Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2016
- Illustrations note
- 1 Tables, color; 1 Illustrations, color; 17 Illustrations, black and white; XVI, 234 p. 18 illus., 1 illus. in color.